La llegada y el primer día

¡Hola! Imagine this... It's May 31st and you are about to embark on the journey of a lifetime. You have spent the last month packing and preparing and stressing out trying to make sure you are ready when the day arrives. Well it's finally here and this was my experience in the first two days of our groups adventure in Colombia. 

I woke up at 3:50am even though my alarm didn't go off until 4:20am because I was filled with so many emotions that sleep just wasn't going to be a thing for me. The group met at the check in counter at 4:45am so we could go to the gate as a group. At this point everything was starting to feel real... or so I thought.

We got to Miami and got on the flight to Cali. If I thought things were getting real when we left Cincy they were actually getting real now.  You know you are in for an experience when you think you know a language then the flight attendants start speaking in that language and you only understand half of what they are saying. Besides my minor mental explosion realizing I was about to have no idea what was going on for who knows how long, the flight was good. When we landed we all made through customs, which was goal number one after the plane touched down, and went out to meet one of our Colombian leaders, Oscar.

Once we found Oscar and loaded into vehicles, we headed to lunch at a pizza place. After this we rearranged our luggage into the vehicles that would take us to our homes for the next month and set out to meet our families. I was the last one to make it to my house and was so tired when I arrived that I pretty much said hello to everyone and went to bed. 

Overall, it was a super exciting but long and stressful day.

The next morning I woke up and ate breakfast with my host family before heading to the university that we will be taking classes at. While we were at the university we got a tour and met our teachers for our classes. This was another difficult day for me because we only used Spanish and I realized very quickly that I was going to have to get used to living in a constant state of confusion and just try to pick up as much information as I could.

If I am being honest with all of you readers this day was a wash for me because I spent the whole day just trying to figure out what was happening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 18th- The Climb

June 22nd- Las Mujeres Tejedoras

June 26 - Bosque Colibrí (Villacarmelo), Reserva Natural